In addition to serving as a delivery system for the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste material, the intestinal tract also plays an important role in maintaining healthy immunity and providing resistance to pathogens. The GI tract is populated by billions of cells of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which help us digest and absorb our food, maintain a healthy intestinal pH (acid content), protect us from pathogenic bacteria, and provide an environment conducive to the continued health of the intestinal tract. More specifically, the higher levels of Bifidobacterium lactis species in this formula have been shown to support colonic transit times. This species may also help protect the body against gluten protein toxicity.
- Probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Ultra-high potency at 50 billion viable cells per capsule.
- Bio-enhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low (acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for an enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in the environment (survival of the fittest) i.e. pH, temperature.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system, to preserve and ensure stability without the need for refrigeration.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FOS (food source for probiotics), and FiberAid arabinogalactans that help support the growth of probiotics).
- Bifidobacterium lactis species has been shown to support colonic transit times.
- Bifidobacterium lactis may also help protect the body against gluten protein toxicity.
- Strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Helps stimulate the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.