The average American diet contains far too much saturated and hydrogenated fat, and yet is deficient in beneficial fatty acids responsible for many functions in the body. Scientists have attributed the importance of these good or essential fats to their production of hormone-like compounds called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are beneficial for promoting adequate cardiovascular, immune, and healthy nervous system health. It is important that individuals receive a balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, two classes of essential fats that have positive health benefits on the body. Flax seed oil capsules are a convenient and suitable way for individuals to receive a plant source of the essential compounds found in fish oils.
- Nature’s richest source of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid, also contains LA (linoleic acid), an omega-6 fat
- Made with Organic Flax Seed Oil
- Contains 580 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids per daily dose
- Provides a plant source of EPA and DHA (essential compounds found in fatty fish) through the conversion of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid)
- Take one softgel up to six times daily.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish, or fish