Vitamin C has many important functions in the body. It is a crucial player in the production of collagen, which helps build blood vessels, tendons, and bones. It helps synthesize neurotransmitters that control mood, and carnitine helps shuttle fat to the mitochondria inside cells to produce energy. As an antioxidant, it helps prevent the oxidation of key proteins, fats, and DNA inside the body. Vitamin C may also regenerate vitamin E inside the body. Studies have shown that vitamin C can block the damaging effects of nitrates found in cured or packaged meats. It has been postulated that vitamin C may prevent intestinal absorption or increase urinary excretion of lead. Vitamin C is essential for immune system health.
Since vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and not produced by the body, it is imperative that enough is consumed on a daily basis to support proper health. The current RDA for vitamin C is 90 mg per day. The Linus Pauling Institute recommends consuming at least 400 mg daily the amount found to fully saturate plasma and circulating cells with vitamin C in young, healthy nonsmokers.
- The water-soluble powder is an excellent alternative to capsules and tablets
- Vitamin C is a nutrient that must be replenished on a daily basis
- May support capillary walls, blood vessels and help maintain healthy teeth, gums, and bones
- Vegetarian and vegan product
- Certified free of pesticides, cyanuric acid (found in herbicides), and melamine
- Starting source is non-GMO corn
- Ensures that no corn allergens are carried over into vitamin C
- Manufacturing includes purifying step of metal detection
- Suggested use: dissolve in juice, water, or beverage of choice
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish, or fish.
- Suitable for vegans