Lysine is an amino acid that is essential for protein synthesis. Because it’s not synthesized in the body, it must be obtained in the diet. The primary dietary sources of lysine are meat, poultry, and milk; therefore vegans and vegetarians can benefit from supplementation. Lysine has many biological functions, including the synthesis of connective tissues such as bone, skin, collagen, and elastin; the synthesis of carnitine, which converts fatty acids to energy; support for muscle growth and recovery; and maintenance of healthy immune function.
- Each capsule provides 500 mg of L-Lysine
- Free form amino acid; does not need digestion to be absorbed
- Provides a key nutrient for vegans
- Great for athletes and those who want to enhance muscle growth and recovery
- Supports immune system
- Aids in calcium absorption and collagen synthesis
- Suitable for vegans