Immune System Support
The body’s allergic response is typically triggered by environmental factors. Specific chemicals in the environment cause the immune system to respond by secreting chemicals such as inflammatory mediators which cause the characteristic symptoms associated with allergies. Quercetin 500 Plus is a synergistic combination of nutrients and phytochemicals that help support a normal healthy response to environmental factors. This formula helps in supporting the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response to allergic mediators as well as providing potent antioxidant activity.
- 500 mg of quercetin, a potent bioflavonoid known to support the body in the presence of allergens and other immune and inflammatory triggers.
- Contains vitamin C which works synergistically with quercetin.
- Bromelain a natural plant-derived enzyme.
- Turmeric a potent plant-derived compound to help support a natural anti-inflammatory response.
- Citrus bioflavonoids work synergistically with quercetin and vitamin C.
- Quercetin helps to stabilize the mast cell release of histamine. Histamine is a potent chemical secreted in response to allergens and inflammatory mediators, causing the characteristic symptoms associated with allergies and inflammation.
Vitamin C has been shown to neutralize some of the effects of histamine, and those individuals with allergies tend to have low levels of vitamin C, and therefore, an increased requirement.
- Bromelain is a naturally-occurring enzyme in pineapple. It is effective for supporting a healthy anti-inflammatory response by helping to regulate the production of prostaglandins involved in the inflammatory process.
- Turmeric contains active compounds known as curcuminoids which have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Citrus bioflavonoids help support the absorption and utilization of vitamin C, provide antioxidant support and support the structure of blood vessels and other soft tissue.