Selenium is an essential trace mineral that is required for many important biochemical functions in the body. In humans, selenium functions as a coenzyme for the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Glutathione peroxidase helps neutralize harmful peroxide free radicals. Selenium also plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. Selenium is a coenzyme for the enzymes which are responsible for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. These enzymes are important for the regulation of basal metabolic rate (resting metabolic rate-rate at which you burn calories). Studies show Selen Excell helps support the body’s antioxidant defenses and contributes to the growth of normal, healthy cells.
- Provides 200 mcg of selenium.
- Natural form of selenium in 100% organically bound form. Yeast converts inorganic (low bioavailability) forms of selenium into organic (high bioavailability) forms.
- SelenoExcell provides a full composition of seleno compounds including selenomethionine and selenocysteine.
- FDA has approved health claims for selenium that indicate it may be helpful in preventing certain cancers.
- SelenoExcell has been selected as the sole intervention agent in a series of cancer prevention (colon, lung, and prostate) and health-related studies.
- Based on a Clinical Trial Agreement with The National Cancer Institute, leading research teams have selected SelenoExcell based on its certification as 100% organically bound selenium and strictly controlled quality and production parameters.
- Provides a well-absorbed, highly bioavailable form of this important trace mineral.
- Studies show selenium works synergistically with vitamin E to provide antioxidant support helping protect healthy cells, particularly red blood cells from free radical damage.
- The broad composition of seleno compounds increases the absorption and bioavailability.
- Selenium helps support the functioning of the powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPX). GPX helps neutralize damaging peroxide radicals, which can potentially cause damage to healthy cells and their DNA.
Studies show a high intake of selenium helps support a healthy prostate by promoting normal, healthy prostate cell growth.
- Adequate intake of selenium helps support normal, healthy thyroid function and a healthy metabolism.
- Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.